What is the affect of cd player?

How much does the CD player affewct the o ver all sound quality of a system. I now have a Cambridge AZUR 840c and like it very well. But wsas thinking of upgrading if it would give me an even better sound. I wonder how much the cd player figures into the ovcr all picture? Thought maybe some of you who have been there and done that could share there experience Jack
jacknorth1178
I have never heard the Cambridge AZUR 840c player. However, different CD players definitely sound different. Even different CD players by the same manufacturer in the same system. I became acutely aware of this when I visited Ancient Audio in Krakow, Poland. This company makes three high-end players. I listed to the Lektor V and the Lektor Prime (low and middle points of the line) - same room, same speakers, same amplifier, and same volume. It was striking how much better the Lektor Prime sounded.
To Rodman--

Your lesson in grammar is quite incorrect, sir.

The first listing for "affect" in the OED is "Noun: mental disposition.... desire, passion." This is by far the more common usage in English.

So, what Jacknorth1178's headline asks is "What is the mental disposition of a cd player?" The answer is obvious.

"Effect" can function both as a verb (as in "He effected -- brought about-- a significant change in procedures."), and as a noun (as in "The effect of his decision was significant.")

You might consult a dictionary.

Happy grammar,

David Zimmerman (to you)
Oh Zimmy- The first definition for affect in Webster's(a very popular dictionary in this country), "verb: to act upon; to produce an effect upon; to excite the feelings(of); make a show of; pretend". The Miriam-Webster's dictionary has no mention of affect being used as a noun at all(hardly common in this country). The first definition for effect: "noun: that which is produced by some agency or cause; a result; a consequence; etc. There is mention that IN CONJUNCTION with other words(ie: for effect, in effect, take effect) it can be used as an idiomatic verb, or as a transitive verb by ADDING OTHER LETTERS(ie: effectED, effectING, etc). IOW: "Effect" has to be modified to be be use as a verb. This says your use of, "affect"(under noun) is, "obsolete": ( http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/affect ) As I stated, the OP's title was, "iffy", but(as Tbg posted) in the context of exciting the emotions........
Golly, I didn' realize I would set off such a fire storm! Now I don't know how to ask the question. Let's forget the whole thing. Thanks guys. Jack