Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
BTW, The Hegel H20 is true balanced and delivers more current compared to the A21 (130amps vs 60amps). I don't think the A21 is true balanced. A true balanced amp would make a positive impact in my system(I believe - but I may be wrong), as the TVC is true balanced. I don't know how much of a difference the "current" ratings would make.
My panels are fused at 4amps. Even if the low end draws another 4, that is 8 total. And Maggies are considered current hogs. 60 amps? 130 amps? What's the diff? And, FWIW, what is the voltage at the mythical 60 amps? 5v? 10v?

a poorly designed 'balanced' circuit will be worse off than a conventional circuit properly executed.

more less than meaningful specsmanship.
Magfan,
I am trying to understand technical stuff here. And that is why I mentioned that I do not know what "ampere ratings" mean. Please do explain about voltage and how voltage and current figures affect a speaker's performance. Would like to know more about this topic.

Thanks,
Strictly my Opinion. Peak Ampere ratings are near-real world- meaningless.
NO speaker can take such current.

Output devices, as near as I understand, have what is called a 'safe operating range'. Go out of that envelop, and the devices either fuses or shorts. Either way, you are out of action. A fuse may not be quick enough and therefore speaker protection circuits, if employed should take that into account.
From Wikipdia::
Safe operating area
The safe operating area defines the combined ranges of drain current and drain to source voltage the power MOSFET is able to handle without damage. It is represented graphically as an area in the plane defined by these two parameters. Both drain current and drain to source voltage must stay below their respective maximum values, but their product must also stay below the maximum power dissipation the device is able to handle. Thus the device cannot be operated at both its specified maximum drain current and maximum drain to source voltage. [2]

So, if you redline a device in current, you have to have lower voltage so as not to exceed wattage.

Now, forget all this nonsense and buy whatever pleases your ears. Any particular build philosophy has both good and bad implementations. Class (?) is no guarantee of anything. Specsmanship is for ad writers to compare what's in there pants.
Hello Milpai,

1 - I used very successfully TVC preamp (Promethius) with my Spectron class D. When I saved money I bought 1st class tube preamp: first BAT and then I fall in love with Joule-Electra "300". Still, I use this TVC
as spare/2nd system preamp.

2 - In all discussionsof PEAK current or PEAK voltage never forget duration. If such peak lasts 20 msec (e.g. NuForce) then ...you do not hear it. On other hand, Spectron's peak current/voltage is 500 msec - long enough (actually longest in industry as far as I know).

On relation between voltage/current/ect and sound quality - read :
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0708/index.html

Good Luck
Rafael