Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
I am one of the few, but proud owners of a Hegel amplifier. They do not advertise, but word of mouth is important also. If you are near the Bay Area, please stop by for a listen and bring your best amp. You will be shocked.
In a fit of anger, I sold my H10. So now I am on another quest to find a "sleeper" amp. But who knows, if I hear a popular amp and I like it, then so be it. I do appreciate the Audiogon member's opinions though.
Talk2me, I believe that you may live to regret moving on from the Hegel. I've heard and owned a lot of amps over the years and the Hegel H20 is one of the best I've ever experienced. It has many of the virtues of low power pure class A amps, but with a seemingly effortless reserve of power and control. Even more engaging is the level of transparency achieved while avoiding any of the common solid state grain or glare. I really don't understand how they do it but they're on to something special. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you're buying another Hegel amp in the future, but only time will tell. I hope that you enjoy the hunt for another amp and please let us know what you find.
I bought the best amp I have ever heard in my life and it kicks the living shite out of the Hegel's amps. It is none other thean the Burmester 911 MK3.It has all the virtues of SE tubes and all the strengths of SS. Plus, it matches quite well with my other Burmester gear. The 911 MK3 is on a whole other plane than the Hegel stuff. If you get a chance go and hear Burmester, you will know exactly what I am talking about.Now please don't get me wrong. I loved the time I had with my Hegel amps. But it was time to step up to the big boys.