Hegel Amplifiers

Tried asking this on various forums, but did not get enough information. If anyone visited the recent audio fests and have listened to Hegel amps - especially the H20 - please describe how you found the sound of the Hegel amps. Any comparison? This is one amp I have shortlisted besides the Parasound A21. Also considering Classe 2200. Did not hear any particular one.
Any feedback is appreciated.
128x128milpai
I bought the best amp I have ever heard in my life and it kicks the living shite out of the Hegel's amps. It is none other thean the Burmester 911 MK3.It has all the virtues of SE tubes and all the strengths of SS. Plus, it matches quite well with my other Burmester gear. The 911 MK3 is on a whole other plane than the Hegel stuff. If you get a chance go and hear Burmester, you will know exactly what I am talking about.Now please don't get me wrong. I loved the time I had with my Hegel amps. But it was time to step up to the big boys.
Congrats on acquiring the Burmester amp, which is quite an excellent performer I'm sure. Hardly what I would categorize as a "sleeper" though at around $30K. Enjoy your new amp!
In all fairness to the Hegel H10, it held it's own pretty good against the more expensive Burmester 911 MK3. But, the 911 MK3 is much better in all aspects that one considers in a SOTA amplifier.
Talk2me/Bill_k,
Did you read this review about the H20?

http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=192:hegel-music-systems-h20-stereo-amplifier&catid=55:full-length-reviews&Itemid=4