Power amp around $3000 for C-J Classic preamp

I've all but decided that my next preamp will be the Conrad-Johnson Classic, but I'm struggling with ideas for a power amp that would be a good match for it below $3000. I listen almost exclusively to vinyl and the speakers right now are the Totem Acoustic Hawks but will be upgraded in the near future to probably the Vandersteen 3A Sig or possibly VMPS RM-30, but not yet sure. I'm open to both tube, hybrid or solid state, but I'm more inclined toward solid state. Any ideas?
actusreus
I have no doubt the dealer you visited is strongly guiding you toward the Stereo 90. Consider the possibility that he is trying to make a sale, and that he may not have your best, long term interests in mind.
Tvad (Threads | Answers)
I should qualify this by mentioning that the dealer may be guiding you toward the Stereo 90 given the budget you have mentioned, and that given a bigger budget he may have recommended the monoblocks. He should be given the benefit of the doubt.

As I noted earlier, used Rogue monoblocks are essentially the same price as a new Stereo 90.
Tvad,
That's exactly right--I told my dealer what my budget was and that's how the recommendation came about. He actually started with the monoblocks, but recommended the Stereo 90 since it fit into my budget perfectly with the 99 Magnum preamp.
As a side note, he jokingly said not to tell the boss (owner) but in his opinion, which I trust, he said Rogue Audio amps were the best sounding amps they carry. That's pretty good considering that also carry Conrad-Johnson and BAT among others.

About used tube gear: I have no experience with tube gear; are there any considerations or risks when buying it used aside from possible warranty issues? Thanks.
About used tube gear: I have no experience with tube gear; are there any considerations or risks when buying it used aside from possible warranty issues? Thanks.
Actusreus (Answers)
IMO, buying used from Audiogon sellers is pretty safe. There's no trick to buying used tube gear versus any other gear.

Do some research about the seller. See if he/she has feedback, and is he/she has contributed to the discussions.

Ask specific questions about the gear. For example, ask the seller to describe specifically any cosmetic flaws and operational issues rather than to provide just a general description of condition.

Get serial numbers and check them with the manufacturer to see when the components were sold and if they have been serviced.

Obviously, most used gear is not warrantied, but in my experience, I have never had a single issue with a unit failing or requiring servicing within what would have been the remaining warranty period (and beyond).