Tenor 75 Wi OTL

Just bought this OTL by Tenor.

Living in Destin FL and owning the Atmasphere S30 amp I could remove some power tubes to reduce the heat in the summer. Can this be done with the Tenor?

Kelly High End in Ca. who I bought from said the amps puts off very little heat after being on for a hour or two. BS from the seller?
128x128glory
Glory,
It`s funny you cite the duke. I use the CD Duke Ellington "Dance Concerts California 1958" for system/component evaluations. This sound is so natural, dynamic and just a wonderful live recording. It`s as though I`m right there with them in the dance hall.
It seems you`ve found a fabulous amplifier. Continue to enjoy it for a long time.
05-26-11: Glory
The Tenor is mind boggling. Far above my AS S30 in every area. Bass has texture and vocals are 3D and real sounding. Duke Ellington's band sounds so natural and organic in the brass section. That is an area I never heard sound so right in my system.
I would hope so when comparing a $20,000 amp to a $5,000 amp with half the power.
Darkmoebius,
If there`s one thing thats been demostrated often in high end audio, higher cost does`nt mean better sound.

With the very efficient Zu speakers the additional power is`nt an advantage, it`s sound quality. Often times a lower power amp will have superior sound to a larger and more complex design.

I would think most audiophiles at one time or another have heard quite expensive systems/components that sound like crap.

When I got my 300b SET amp it was less expensive than the 100 watt/60watt triode push-pull I was using, yet the "8 watt" amp sounds better.
Best Regards,
I see a pair of Transcendent Sound SET OTL monoblocks in your future (perhaps even the stereo version given your speakers). Maybe even a stereo T-16. My T-16 does run hot, but not nearly as hot as my S-30.

As previously stated price doesn't always equate to quality, but I get the gist of Darkmoebius's message. In which case you'd find Transcendent Sound amps can play right up there with amps that cost significantly more.