Looking to hear from Thor owners

Based on the good advice of fellow Audiogoners I took the plunge into the ta-1000. Just curious about others experiences with Thor gear. What other gear do you have? Which tubes? etc.?
I have only had mine about a week so I am still getting used to it.
mcpherson
Russ
What amps were you using before the Thors? I am trying to figure out if my next upgrade should be amps or speakers. I thought about the Merlin VSM if I could get them at a decent price. The Focals seem a bit bright but then again it could just be the total of everything upstream.
It is all about matching components and set up. What are you using for cables? What kind of music do you listen to? A great system can sound less than ideal set up improperly in the room too.
L
My cables are entry level and nothing to brag about Im sure. They are Audioquest and Transparent Link.
My music tastes cover almost everything except classical and rap.
A lot of contemporary Christian, females vocals, sprinkle in a bit of old rock. I really enjoy most music, especially well recorded. (Seems to matter more now.)
I spoke with Ted at Thor/Highend about planning a trip up to Dallas since I am in Houston. I may just load up my components and really see where I am overall.
Ted is such a pleasure to deal with. I would like to hear the Thor amps as well as another set of speakers.
Some other Focal ownere have suggested Cardas cables to smoothe things out a bit?? That would be a little later though.
Im anxious to have Ted check this pre out since the upgrades werent done by them. I would like to get the Thor clean bill of health.
Keep me posted about your amps, I guess you should be getting them back soon.
Hi Guys,
Just saw the recent thread and thought I would throw in my two cents (about ugrading to higher power amps). I have a TA-1000 Mk 2 preamp, TA-3000 Mk 2 phono amp and used to have the TPA-30's. Of course, they all sounded great together, but I needed more power when I changed speakers (bought Avalon Acoustic Radians). As a result, I sold the TPA-30's and bought Canary Audio CA-160 monoblocks (140 watts ultralinear and 100 watts triode). I've had them about 9 months and couldn't be happier with the amps.

Again, speaker synergy is key with any amp, but the Canary's have been matched with 3 different speakers in my system (Avalon Radians, SAP Audio Quartettes and Von Schweikert VR-6's) and I have been pleased with the results with all of them.

I love the Thor gear though, haven't heard a preamp yet, that I would trade it for.

Best regards,
Dave