Thoughts on 845 set monoblocks

Your preference and why.
seadogs1
Wylmars,
I understand your concern and caution.It`s best to obtain information and useful feedback to make an informed decision. Three years ago when I became interested in SET amps particularly the Coincident Frankenstein Idid what you`re doing now.

I got very meaningful opinion and insight from others on this site.I did purchase the Frankenstein and have owned it 3 years now. This perhaps the best decision I`ve made in audio,the amp is just sublime and perfect for me.It exceeded my rather high expectation.
I hope things worked out as well for you.You have wonderful speakers(based on review and word of mouth) and a premium SET should mate in exception fashion.
Regards,
Charles,
Seadogs1,

Are you going to RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) in October?
If so, stop by Room 442 where we'll show the new Melody AN845 Int. Amp.

Thanks,
Hi Wylmars, Congratulations on the Westminsters. I can’t speak from personal experience, but I’ve heard it said that while Westminster specifications seem to suggest they'll be a good match with small SET amps, they only come alive with more power. But even if that’s true in general, I’m sure its validity is room and program dependent. However, with that in mind, there is a pair of Viva Verona mono-blocks (28W/Ch SET) for sale on Audiogon right now. Something that might be worth considering.
Phaelon, I will go immediately and look at the Viva Verona mono-blocks for sale. Would these be in the same quality realm as the Audion Black Shadow?
Seadogs1, I have just begun doing homework on the Audion and found they have multiple levels (5-9) of quality. Are there significant differences in performance in these various levels of performance? In regard to my choice of pre-amp, would my ARC REF 5 work well with an Audion Black Shadow or are there more synergistic combinations I should be aware of in context with the Tannoy WRSE speakers?