Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
Hi guys I'm another happy Ayon owner,CD5.So impressed with the on board pre amp,like Gammajo,I'm simply running direct to my amp.In the last several weeks I was fortunate enough to score a quad of slightly used 1980's Old Stock Reflectors at a favourable price point.I am anticipating an uptick in performance,subsequent to install I'll share my impressions.
I own Ayon cd-5s after owning esoteric x01d2 and k-03 and other players.
I confirm what Melbguy1 is saying, and very happy with its sound and the pre-amplifier section in this unit is very good. I sold my ARC ref-3 pre-amp after buying ayon cd-5s. But to the Melbguy1 point, if possible change tubes to NOS 6h30p-dr. Parts connections sells 1986 for $80-90 a pair and they can do matching quad.
I have one question so. My amplifier (3 month old Krell 302E) has input impendence of 100k ohm thru RCA and 200k ohm thru XLR. Using the XLR connection from Ayon to Krell, every time pressing play button on Ayon (starting or re-starting CD) I hear very audible metallic “ping” sound coming form a speaker’s tweeters. Also the sound becomes noisy on loudly recorded cds. Again noise coming from tweeters. . This is not happening using RCA. Is that attributed to a high gain krell is getting using XLR outs?
In both cases I drive krell directly from ayon. The low or high gain switch on ayon does not affect that “ping” sound. Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
I have CD5s and had ping and noise through tweet and mid using balanced IC and not RCA both direct into Nuforce Ref 9V3SE mono blocks with input impedence of 22K ohm for both RCA and balanced. Ping stayed but all noise went away to totally silent and also better bass and mid when I switched to very well shielded balanced IC audiophile microphone cable from Stagg for $60 a pair and great sound to boot. Both the Ayon and Nuforce are true fully balanced designs so I wanted to stay balanced, and like the sound better than RCA by a smidge.