Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
@ melkior, So how do the new tubes sound in the power supply of you Ayon?, cheers!
Hello :-)

Well I did not expect to improve anything with the Reflector 6C4P, as I bought them more to have some spare tubes, but I must say I've been surprised, the CD5 obviously sounds better with them. I say "obviously" because for me it was not an upgrade to improve anything, just to put new tubes, so when I switched on the Ayon and push "play", I was not paying attention to the sound. But after a few seconds I just realized that it was not as usual, something was better, so I spent more time listening and yes it's clearly better.
Now I can't say if it's because previous tubes were too old or if the Reflectors ones are better but sound is more defined and clear.
@ Melkior, Thats some awsome info!, The 6c4p tubes are better than the stock tubes!, I have heard this response many times that going to the 6c4p tubes result in a better sound!, congrats!,, I have a question for you!, to me the 2s sounds a little foward sounding!, Does you player have that atribute?, cheers!
@Audiolabyrinth

The CD5 is absolutely not forward sounding, excepted when 24/192 KHz mode is switched on (I really don't like this set up!). A friend of mine bought the CD1S recently and complained about the same. So he went for the CD3S and everything came back to normal. In the past I had one of the first CD1, and it sounded gread, no forward sounding.
I have tubes power amps and Solid states power amps at home and clearly the solid states (Gamut M200 MK3) sound more laid back when the tube ones (Cary CAD 211) sound more forward. So maybe it's a question of association.
We like the player the way it sounds on 24/192, it is a little foward, on the redbook setup,its not foward, but sounds terrible to us, since we are accustomed to high resolution!, I believe I may be able to tune this out!, with resonance tunning!, not isolation!, tunning like a guitar!, I had to do that work on my last tube player!, hey, do you know of a solid state all in one player that can be direct connected to an amp that sounds world class good?, cheers!