Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
Well I have to let someone put the 6 h30 eh gold pins in. I opened the unit up today and itis not just a simple tube roll. Also the sound with these tubes could be better I'm hoping theses tubes make it less forward sounding and give sit a wider soundstage. I will report back after i put some hours on the unit with the new tubes. I tried it on the ear 868 with a levinson amp over my friends house and it was not a match. However it sounds Bette on my classe gear. Will have the tubes put in by Tuesday and will give my impressions then.
Hi Audiolabyrinth,

Thank you for your kind words.

Below are my humble impressions of my experiences regrading the differences between Ayon CD-5s and Esoteric K-03

1. What player has the deeper more impact full bass?
Esoteric K-03. It produces more punch.

2. What player has a full bodied richer sound?
Ayon CD-5s. This is the very reason I favor CD-5s. Its
decay makes each single note so rich like melt Brie
cheese not just creamy butter.

3. What player has the deeper sound stage?
Esoteric K-03 wins marginally only.

4. What player has a bigger sound stage?
Esoteric K-03. It shows definite its superiority in this
aspect clearly.

5. What player has better focus and resolving power?
Esoteric K-03. I haven't experience any tube based
machines can surpass solid state gears in this category.
BAT's sound is very close to solid state machine but some
tube lovers claim it is too analytical.

6. What player sounds more sterile and analytical?
Esoteric K-03. On the contrary, I haven't experience any
solid state gears is not analytical when being compared
with counterpart tube based machines.

7. What player has the better mid-range, snare drums,
vocals, guitars,that are full bloom and realistic
sounding, not thin!, full and rich,with full body sound
spaces?

Ayon CD-5s. The mid-range is definite its forte. Even
Freddie Mercury's voice makes me almost in tears when
CD-5s plays Queen's songs. The sound resonance it
produces just adequate not overly exaggerated. Female
vocals are even better, sweet and touching, not piercing.
For guitar, Ayon CD-5s plays the traditional Flamenco
music's romance and passion but Esoteric K-03 reproduces
electric guitar music more faithfully. For snare drums, I use "Picture at
Exhibition" to test machines, Esoteric K-03 responses
quicker.

Above are only my limited personal experiences, people might have different opinion(s). If you do, please kindly share yours with us.

Happy Listening.

Otto

@ calvinj, Good luck my friend, I feel you are going to need all that you can recieve!, all in all, I look forward to what you have to say.,, cheers.
@ Yul1375, wow!, you are very good at this, are you a writer of some sort!, I highly enjoyed what I read here, very well explained, no confusion about what was described, I do not know if you had the opportunity to play with the settings of the esoteric K series, users claim that there are settings to give the illusion of tubes,, just on your descriptions of sound that you reported, I am very interested in an audition of the k-03, please do not take this the wrong way, I am not bragging here, I try to be modest, I have Taralabs the Zero Gold interconnects that have the most absolute full body sound with rich sound scapes holographic all over my listening room with complete focus, more less, the stuff audiophiles dream of with sound, and I have the matching speaker cables, the Taralabs omega gold speaker cables, I just bought the top of the brand Taralabs cobalt power cord with the oyaide plugs two weeks ago to go on whatever source I get, the cables and The krell 700cx will likly give the rest of the sound to the Esoteric If I go that route, I am going to defiantly audition before I buy!, who knows, I may get disapointed with esoteric, I hate analitical sound!, I love tube sound done right!,, I know this, what I am about to say may come to you as a shock, I do not change cables for componets, If a componet does not sound good with the cables that I have, that componet is gone!,, leaves alot less room for mistakes, instead of chaseing the cables by the tail syndrome, alot of money can be spent doing that!, and you will never find absolution, the cables I use are in the handful of best available, I can hear this and know it, so at the end of the day, The cables expose the componets for what they are really about!, the weakest link so to speak of, If there is one, I will know, you really do not want to know what such cables retail for, lets just say, a small house!, no, I do not have money like that, I just have worked so hard to do this system since april, 2012, not very long, I am tring to invest in a system that I can ride off into the sunset with, I am 46, I need to think about these things, If I can get a state of the art sound today, who cares what sounds better tomorrow, good sound will never become obsolete!, thats what I am betting on, If it sounds great to me and the wife, were done, untill something is broken, I am not sold on the esoteric, It is however top of my list!, Thankyou, you are a wonderful gentleman, you have done more here than most, congrats are in full order!,, Happy Listening.
@ yul1375, Hi, Are you there?, Whats going on with the 5s now?, what cables are you useing?, What was the cable you switched out?, cheers.