Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Anybody else have Customs issues like this coming into the US?? Is this not the norm?
Colink04,
Thanks. What a wonderful community. It is nice to see all of the enthusiasm, exploration, and sharing of ideas. I have always had a place in my heart for tubes but have been on sabbatical (kids, work.. etc) from the hobby/passion for sometime. Supratek was a new name for me and I stumble across them (strangely enough) while googling for a tube preamp with HT bypass. At first sight, I was quite enamored by the form, style and grace of the Supratek product line and, after reading this tread, was pushed (maybe a leap of faith) to buy a yet un-auditioned preamp from a distant time zone.

So here I am with a new Chardonnay, patently waiting for the burn-in and perhaps going through a similar process many of you have experienced. As so many on this thread have said...be patient. So I will be patient before touching the rectifier tube:).

One thing is for sure, this ‘looker’ of a preamp does a great job at differentiating recorded music. There sure is a lot of poorly recorded/produced music out there! I'm wondering what impact the mp3 generation will have? I began my journey with the album, then came the promise of CD, and now I have MP3s on my phone music for the masses .

A topic for another thread Alas, this thread is for Supratek and all it captures excitement, fun and exploration.
The 6H23N-EB tubes only cost $49 a pair here https://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/showProduct.cgi?id=243

The 6N23P-EV and the 6H23n-EB are the same.

As for the Gold Pin EH6SN7, you can try here http://thetubestore.com/6sn7types.html On the pull down menu next to the "Add to Basket" button, select match sections.

I am not affiliated to the stores whatsoever.
paul:

i had no custom issues with my chardonnay or my malbecs, but i also gave mick my SSN before shipment.
I gave my SSN, but they asked for *proof* of the SSN - had to fax them the card. Very strange. Have gotten things from CA, Europe before, no issues.

DHL told me because of the value of the item - over $2K - they could not handle the customs responsibility themselves. All very strange.