Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The 6H23N-EB tubes only cost $49 a pair here https://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/showProduct.cgi?id=243

The 6N23P-EV and the 6H23n-EB are the same.

As for the Gold Pin EH6SN7, you can try here http://thetubestore.com/6sn7types.html On the pull down menu next to the "Add to Basket" button, select match sections.

I am not affiliated to the stores whatsoever.
paul:

i had no custom issues with my chardonnay or my malbecs, but i also gave mick my SSN before shipment.
I gave my SSN, but they asked for *proof* of the SSN - had to fax them the card. Very strange. Have gotten things from CA, Europe before, no issues.

DHL told me because of the value of the item - over $2K - they could not handle the customs responsibility themselves. All very strange.
Well, After further review of reading your posts. I will be ordering up a Chenin, instead of the Chardonnay. I'm a total (two)~channel guy, that just loves vinyl L.p.'s.

I have a pristine collection of over two-thousand records of Jazz/Rock, & I guess I can part with my Jolida JD-9A Phono tube Pre-amp & buy the Chenin. I paid $350.00 for the Jolida last year (brand new) So I'll look at this as an upgrade of sorts. You guys should all work for Mick. Your sales pitches are very good !!!!

Slowhand, What A guy !!! Yes, My Polk Audio Monitor Ten's are out of date. They are around "20" years old. They are a four way floor speaker system, that has a one inch dome tweeter, (two) 5-1/2 Midranges, & a Ten-inch woofer...
They hang from Piano wire up in the corners of my Living room on a 30 degree tilt. It's like having a set of headphones on with out the feeling on your head.. Hmmmm!!!

The_Chops
Before I discovered Supratek, I was using a Audible Illusions 3A preamp. I was a very nice preamp with a good phono section, but not in the same league as my Supratek Syrah, or my Cortese. Glad to see all the new names in the Supratek family. Welcome to the fold.

Paulfobrecht, when I ordered my Cortese, I gave Mick my ss# because some of the people on the thread told me it would help in going through customs. I got some hassles from DHL too. Same deal, wanting "proof" of my ss#. It delayed things for a few days. Once you get your preamp and listen for the first time, you will forget all about any delay in getting it.

Thanks The Chops. Just be sure to get a high quality pair of speakers that will help bring out what the Supratek is capable of.

To all of you that are playing your Suprateks for the first time. Just enjoy for a while. They sound great out of the box, but they will only get better. It takes a minimum of 100 hours for break in. Full break in is probably more like 200 hours. I do not recommend tube rolling until the preamp is through it's break in period. I know tube rolling is fun, so have at it! I did plenty of it with my Syrah, but when I got my Cortese, I stuck with the stock tubes that Mick put in. I loved the way the Cortese sounded with the stock tubes and I just got tired of the price of NOS tubes. I am spending that money on music.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Supratek.