Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
slowhand:

i remember mick discussing a DAC as well. he was considering selling it for $500 for basic casing and upwards of $600 in a preamp-matching wood (piano black)/chrome casing from what i recall. i was going to wait on it, but found a great deal on the 47 labs setup i'm currently using.
Heard for Mick about the DAC. He said he will not be putting one into production because of so much competition and he can't get the chip he likes anymore.

Bummer!
Houstonreef, I cannot review the Mondeuse yet; but I did order a pair yesterday. 6 to 8 weeks to ship; and few weeks to listen, and you'll have my opinion. That said, I have limited experience... but I know what *I* like... : )
Hey guys
I recieved my Mondeuse last week,
They are Gorgeous!!
They sound great, dead quite I order mine in the Black & chrome(I believe that the one's on Mick web site are mine)
I'm sure glad Mick talked me into the Mondeuse,They are a work of art!! they topped my Plinius SA250 MKIV
I'm still trying to adjust the feedback with the damping factor to best fit my system,
even with the damping turned off it sounds GREAT.
The only draw back the binding post does not accept spades
just bannana or pins,thats a minor fix
even without my reference speaker cables on they are incredible
I order mine back in March of 2006.when Mick was upgrading my Cortese.
They were well worth the wait.
I will let you know more after I listen to them for a couple weeks
any question just ask I will do my best in answering them
If at all possible go with the Mondeuse they are the best!!