Build a new system around pair of Snell Alll's?

Due to setting up a second home (in Austin), I have the opportunity to set up a new system around my Snell Alll's. Fortunately, it will be a bigger room and I do plan to make it a HT system although my main interest is to max stereo listening. I've had them on a B&K AVR707 and really enjoyed the clarity and neutrality I got. But feel the staging was too shallow which crunched the imaging. Without having any real tube experience I think I may be a SS listener at heart. The "peach fuzz" feel of tubes I've heard described seems unappealing. What I am convinced of is need to get much more power to the Snells. I know there's a ton of variables here but appreciate any suggestions from those who may be familiar with these beauties. Thanks
tccaux
When a speaker does as many things well as the Type A's do, a relative shortcoming becomes that much more pronounced. As already mentioned, soundstage depth is probably their biggest shortcoming. But, that does not mean that there is NO depth; there is. The B&K receiver will stifle a lot of the depth information before it even gets to the speaker. Electronics that excel in the depth department will allow the Snells to produce sufficient depth to possibly satisfy, IMO.

Marty, out of curiosity, did your friend use tubes or SS?
I certainly don't feel I get no depth even with the AIII and B&K combo. As I think Frogman implies, it's just that the shallowness is more noticeable with so much other wonderful presence from the music.

Turns out there's a well established vintage shop here in Austin and I plan to speak with them tomorrow. The Jadis D7 looks interesting but I can't get away from feeling the need for more power. Interesting to FM's first reply, there's a pair of VTL 300's on ebay. Supposedly working. I'll discuss with the local vintage guy.

BTW, I got my Snells from the original owner about five years ago. Came with original boxes and packing. I sent them directly to Snell for a complete check up. Ended up having the woofers rebuilt which took over six months because Snell was resourcing new supplier. They're amazing.

Also own pair of Snell EIII's and Ci's. Added a Snell LCR and their 300 powered sub to complete the HT setup.

Look forward to really unlocking the AIII's. I can feel the potential is there but still unopened.

Thanks
It's summertime in Austin and an audiophile is seriously considering high wattage mono tube power amps. I guess some like it hot!

If you don't have much experience with tube amps I would be cautious in buying vintage tube power amps. They may require more maintenance than you anticipate. I'm not saying they are unreliable, but that they are not appliance like. If I were you I'd be thinking along the lines of Jeff Rowland 5s or mono 1s.

The Snells are an excellent speaker. Please post how you end up and your impressions.