Bob Carver LLC has been purchased by Emotiva

From the Bob Carver LLC Facebook site:

Some of you may have heard that Bob Carver LLC has been purchased by Emotiva. It is true and a very exciting development for the company. We will remain a "Made in the USA" brand of Bob Carver designed products. There are lots of good things to come!!
128x128mitch4t
I hadn't considered that. So customers who bought a Carver product before this takeover now see take a big hit on the market value.

Emotiva is a hard one to figure out. They take over Sherbourn and continue the dealer model, but then switch to internet direct, presumably because it's not doing well. They take over TacT, and now it's revealed that TacT is not workable on their to-be-released XMC-1. And now they take over Bob Carver's company.

It appears that they are not very shrewd. They've released, then dropped many amp and speaker models instead of improving the lines as most companies try to do. They still can't make a decent processor but keep trying and failing.

Their track record says this Bob Carver takeover doesn't have a very good chance of success.
Bob Carver is staying onboard for a few years to see that the Carver products get off to a good start during the transition. I have a feeling the Carver/Emotiva pairing will be a good one.
Bottom line is that nothing said will change anything. I think it will be very sucessful especially now that the prices are lower. New customers will hop on board now. Audiogon members make up only a sliver of Emotiva's customer base and many audio consumers out there really don't know the details of this business deal. A few months down the road and this won't even be a topic anymore.
Will Carver do as well as Sherbourn has? Because they've done pretty lousy since the Emotiva takeover. It's easy to speculate I know, but their track record needs to be considered.

Emotiva recently dropped a bomb. The XMC-1 will not have TacT at all and another room correction company will try to make it work. How long will that take and how obsolete will the XMC be by the time its released?
As I indicated in another thread, I have lived in Carver country most of my life in Seattle. The name "Carver" has a very catchy iconic sound to it like Bose which is why people bow down to Carver. He started Phase Linear in 1968 then Carver in 1979. The build and construction quality of Carver components back in the 80's and 90's was absolute junk which is why his plant in Lynnwood north of Seattle had a full time staff of 200 people that dropped down to 20 people by the early 90's and his stock dropped to .30 cents a share. Us Northwesterner's wouldn't waste our spit on Carver. Fool's gold. Emotiva buying Carver is perfect. Chinese junk buy's American crap.