oppo 105 vs 103

Im interested in the oppo 105 as a source for cd and sacd in an two channel stereo only capacity. Recently I read in stereophile in an article by Kal rubinson that the oppo 103 also had good sound quality. It is five hundred dollar cheaper so I was wondering how close to the 105 it is? Can anyone who has heard both tell me the difference.
normk
Since you are mentioning 2 channel SACD, I have to assume you are planning on using it as an analog player. In this scenario the 105 is undoubtedly the way to go.

If you already own a top notch DAC, your best alternative is to get a 93 with a Vanity93 digi out board. This will reclock the digital outputs and take the player up a few notches as a CD transport. Additionaly, it will do a custom DSD to PCM conversion at 176/24 on SACD, allowing you to leverage your existing D/A converter (if indeed you have one).

Again, if you are planning to use it as an analog player into a preamp, get the 105.
I have an Oppo 103. The 103 sounds terrific on Redbook CD but if you wish to play SACDs you must have the HDMI cables installed which probably means you also need a receiver with HDMI capability. I trust someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this, but the 103 Handbook addresses this issue and my 103 definitely won't play SACDs in the two channel configuration. Dunno about the Oppo 105.
My system is rogue métis preamp, Vincent sp331 power amp, Cambridge azur 340c CD player, project debut carbon turntable and Von schweikert vr3 speakers. Yes I wanted to play sacd as two channel analog output. Thanks
Neither. Both are great Blueray players. However, a lot of effort has been put into the video section, especially in the 105. If you want 2 channel only, you could pick up a used Denon for a lot less money and get really nice sound (2200, 2900 or 5900 and the new renditions too).

For 2 channel my Denon holds its own against my Oppo. But, when watching a blueray there is no comparison.