Blues recommendations anyone?

Hi everybody. I'm looking to expand my music library a little bit, and one genre that I don't have is Blues. I have a buddy at work that plays Blues on his boombox regularly and I've gotten a few names from him, but I was wondering if any of you have a favorite Blues artist or cd that you could highly recommend.
Thanks a bunch.
mjfvashon
I agree with Bignerd re. the Lomax / Library of Congress recordings. I find this music to be part of a national treasure.
I would suggest looking for some original Fleetwood Mac back when it was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. There have been some good anthologies coming out lately. Some of Peter Greens solo stuff is good too.
Other sub genres include zydeco and blues piano (both of which tend to be Louisiana-centric). Many rock fans find both genres easy to love. For the former, you might try Zachary Richard (Fatras! is great, but any record featuring Sonny Landreth on guitar will do). For the latter, Professor Longhair is the go-to guy, although James Booker's Lost Paramount Tapes is also a great record.

Happy hunting!
Eric Clapton's solo on "Strange Brew" was lifted note for note from Albert Kings early hit "Crosscut Saw", but if you really want to hear his influence it would be on Stevie Ray Vaughn's work. Young Albert King taught himself to play holding a right hand guitar upside down back wards since he was left handed. He also plucked the strings with his thumb without a pick, although you would never guess by listening to his dynamic style. Yup, my favorite of the classic electric blues men was the late great Albert King.

Now switch gears and check out Etta Baker. Shes about 100 years old and plays authentic Piedmont Blues. An interesting finger picking style from the mountains of North Carolina. Cool Stuff.

My last suggestion is to go out and get a couple compilation albums, like the Alligator Samplers. You will find some great music this way. Good Luck !