Dylan Bootleg Number 8

Am listening over and over again to this new set of recordings. Three alternate versions of Mississippi, all great, but THE highlight for me is an unreleased track from Time Out Of Mind, Red River Shore, sounds as one might expect with the Lanois production, and I feel it may be the best song on that album, even though it ended getting left off of it. Curious as to what others may think of this collection from, admittedly, my favorite artist.

Cheers
rpeluso
Bought it when it came out.....Yaaaaaaawwwwnnnn. Also a big Dylan fan.... ''Time Out of Mind'', out of the proclaimed Trilogy series was his the last of his work that was worth listening to. His voice was at least somewhat there.....But, I will say, there is no one behined him.
Sanji, they are quite mixed since they are mostly from three recording sessions, but the best are among the best of any sonics, at least to my ears. I think the sessions they come from are among his very best sounding recordings from a sonic perspective. Highly higly recommended from this Dylan fan.
I have been a Dylan fan for at least 35 years. When I listen to Dylan, I tend to listen to all those great albums from the 60's & 70's that I grew up with. With that said, I am enjoying the Bootleg Seres Vol. 8 immensely. What helped me appreciate this set was the "Meet the Real Dylan" article in the November Uncut magazine which has interviews with the producers and session musicians from each of the albums represented in this Bootleg release. The article provided a real insight into what Dylan was looking to accomplish and that helped put the individual cuts in perspective. I find the sonics just fine, much better than most of the Bootleg Series, given that these are studio out takes and not live performances.

Regards,

Rich