Vinyl reissues

Do vinyl reissues sound the same as the originals?
tbromgard
Then something was seriously wrong with the system your friend was listening to.
...he was amazed at how bad it was in comparison
I don't think so. Dartzeel amp and pre. The new Ortofon OB40 MC on a table I have never heard of.
This is a truly a "money no object" system in a room built specifically for 2 channel listenings including acoustic treatment and dedicated electricity.

Have you heard a original pressing?

e
Yes, I have an original pressing, and yes, the 45 rpm reissue is vastly better.
Emorrisiv - Don't be sorry for me owning FBR, you should feel sorry for your friend for having a "money no object" system that appears, by your friend's own description, incapable of showing the engagement, dynamics, soundstage and sound floor that this reissue delivers in magnificent fashion.

And too, I would be far more interested in your opinions of this had you actually heard any of which you speak.
Tim, I will get back with first hand listening soon.

I never said anything about being sorry for you.
I didn't mean to sound disrespectful.I only typed that I have not heard a reissue that was better than the original.
The FBR is such a great piece that it can stir emotions.I am sure your copy is excellent. I own several reissues,most of them are MoFi half speeds from the golden age and most of them are disappointing.They get some things right and miss in others that are more important.

The one thing I need to also say about reissues: thank god that they are making them!
It makes these albums that much easier to find.This is particularly true for those who are new to vinyl.

happy Christmas

e