Trip to NYC, What to do

Hi all,

Heading to NYC and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for some audiophile to dos in the big apple. Looking forward to hearing from you guys, thanks.
dfelkai
Pickup a copy of the Village Voice and see what acts are playing where. Then, figure out which acts you want to see and go see some live music.
The high-end stores are not as many as years ago and the displays are limited. Singer is closed, Park Ave Audio is a far reduced space. Stereo Exchange is ok and Innovative is in Brooklyn.
stereoexchange.com
innovativeaudiovideo.com
Make sure you hit the Blue Note in Harlem. Singer has reopened in a new location on the second floor of some building.
I would stay away from audio stores and search for used vinyl for my audiophile fix. Plenty of live music to choose from. The Iridium Jazz Cub is adjacent to a hotel that me and my wife stayed in, great way to save on cab fare. Avoid the overpriced deli's and dine at Peter Luger(Brooklyn or LI)steak house. For entertainment skip the tourist theater scene and hit the "Big A" for an afternoon of thoroughbred racing in the Equestris Room. If you make some money treat yourself and add another tweek to your system!
Westsider REcords worth a stop especially if jazz and classical recordings are your cup of tea.
Combine "audiophile to do's" with some live music.

-Buy a copy (if you dont have it already) of Bill Evan's "Waltz For Debby". Fantastic set recorded at the Village Vanguard. Then, when in NYC go hear some music at the VV and be amazed at how well that record captures the sound of that venue. It will be obvious no matter who the live act is.

-Go hear some music at Carnegie Hall and at the Met to experience really good (CH) and great (Met) live sound.

-Then, to hear what somebody's misguided idea of what a modern hall should sound like go to Avery Fisher Hall. Just kidding, skip this one.

-If you want to hear a superlative modern hall go across the river to Newark NJ and hear some music at NJPAC.

Have fun!