Are 45rpms worth the price?

Looking at a number of reissue 45rpms (Fleetwood Mac, Doors, Hugh Masakela, etc)from Acoustic Sounds. Most sell for $50 (2 lps). All reviews on AS are glowing. Are these 45rpms really worth the high prices being asked?
rockyboy
I have found that it is very dependant on the individual recording. Some 45 rpm albums sound much different than there 33rpm albums. Most, I have found, are not worth the extra money and inconvenience. You would be better off inquiring about a specific album.
There is going to be more information fed into your system and your cartridge is going to perform extra duty, does that translate to "better"? Very system dependent and very subjective.
I have never been one to be interested in the 45rpm reissues. Though I did buy the Bob Dylan one issued recently. I DO like the Bob Dylan ones. Partly just to get that little 'extra' sense Bob is actually in the room.

I got the Doors Morrison Hotel and was disappointed.. my original Doors sounds better.
So i am not going to chance other titles..
For Jazz I am satisfied with the 33's

So I would say for music you really love totally, and cannot get enough of, yeah, the 45's may float your boat.
For the average music you enjoy but are not totally crazy about.. no the 45's do not have enough to be worth the added cost and hassle of flipping more.
Agree with Viridian, particularly with respect to classical recordings. I particularly am bothered with recordings that split a movement across two sides; sort of reminds me of my old 8-track player. But with recordings of shorter, distinct pieces, the sonics make it worth buying, IMHO.
For the Doors, I'd try the recent CD re-issues first before dropping bucks on 45 rpm vinyl.

I have the latest CD master of "L.A. Woman" and it is definitely worth the money. Few CD remasters I have heard make as much of a dramatic difference over earlier versions (both CD and vinyl) as this one.