Are 45rpms worth the price?

Looking at a number of reissue 45rpms (Fleetwood Mac, Doors, Hugh Masakela, etc)from Acoustic Sounds. Most sell for $50 (2 lps). All reviews on AS are glowing. Are these 45rpms really worth the high prices being asked?
rockyboy
I have never been one to be interested in the 45rpm reissues. Though I did buy the Bob Dylan one issued recently. I DO like the Bob Dylan ones. Partly just to get that little 'extra' sense Bob is actually in the room.

I got the Doors Morrison Hotel and was disappointed.. my original Doors sounds better.
So i am not going to chance other titles..
For Jazz I am satisfied with the 33's

So I would say for music you really love totally, and cannot get enough of, yeah, the 45's may float your boat.
For the average music you enjoy but are not totally crazy about.. no the 45's do not have enough to be worth the added cost and hassle of flipping more.
Agree with Viridian, particularly with respect to classical recordings. I particularly am bothered with recordings that split a movement across two sides; sort of reminds me of my old 8-track player. But with recordings of shorter, distinct pieces, the sonics make it worth buying, IMHO.
For the Doors, I'd try the recent CD re-issues first before dropping bucks on 45 rpm vinyl.

I have the latest CD master of "L.A. Woman" and it is definitely worth the money. Few CD remasters I have heard make as much of a dramatic difference over earlier versions (both CD and vinyl) as this one.
"I got the Doors Morrison Hotel and was disappointed.. my original Doors sounds better."
I will tread slowly on that one. I have a RED label original which I also like very much. I do have the s/t, Strange Days and LA Woman on 45. The s/t is very good, Strange Days is unbelievable, and LA Woman is not far behind.
As far as the post goes, I am a fan of 45's sound wise, but it's more work! Just for example, I have Classic records Led Zep's 4th album (zoso) on 33rpm. I have that 45 RPM Stairway from the BOX set. The 45 sounds much better than the Stairway on the album. I did not like Rumors 45 too much. It seemed to lose a bit of emotion for me. I always reach for my standard pressing Rumors. Al this IMHO.
I agree with Mattmiller and Zenblaster,the results are very erratic/variable across the board. Some 45rpm albums sound very fine and others not at all.I don`t feel in most cases the 45 rpm versions are worth the premium cost.I`d rather have a good quality 33rpm pressing.Opinions will be all over the map for this topic.
Regards,