FM static?

For years I've enjoyed pretty decent FM reception. Recently I've been hearing static along with my music. This is most noticible during typical day/evening hours and a bit less so during the wee moring hours. I haven't added or changed any new electronics to my home since this happened. My other source works fine. I tried alternating between a Denon TU-800 and a Denon TU 680-NAB with the same results. This is most dissapointing. I called the FCC to find out if the local Broadcasters applied for any changes. That was a complete bust, after a fairly lengthy process, the FCC offered absolutely no help and suggested I call each and every broadcaster that my tuners pick up. Ha! I called the local utility company this morning, they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything as yet, but it really hasn't been that long since I called. What gives? What can I do? BTW, I've never recieved very good over the air TV reception here.
unsound
Unsound?

Have you tried power conditioning? I recently switched from a cheap Monster power strip to an APC H-10, and I was very surprised at how much quieter my FM got. I'd always had varying amounts of noise depending on the station; I thought the noise was coming in via the antenna, but it turns out it was line noise.

David
I've used an Adcom AC-315 AC Enhancer before the problem occured and still do.
Being a contractor in CT I have seen unchecked building have a negative effect over air reception. I used to get Boston and NY stations clearly, now it is a crap shoot getting New Haven stations at times. Rampant interference has made it more important to get good antennas.