Can I replace/repair a Phillips SACD transport?

My Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD player (recently out of warrantee)will do longer function in SACD mode. The dealer who I originally bought it from says that the Phillips SACD transport is problematic and there is nothing that can be done to repair or replace the SACD transport. I have a faily extensive SACD library and hate to eliminate that cabacity to plyback that that format.

Does anyone know if the Phillips trasport be repaired or if a different SACD transport can be installed in the Tri-Vista?
kiplandh
SACD adds one more layer of complexity by using pit modulation. Modulated pit cannot be copied on standard CD-R transports and there is no SACD writers.
He there,

I also need to repair my CD-SACD with Philips module SD5.2.
I found it to DAISY archive (http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/SACD/sd52/sd52module/sd52_module.htm), but they do not sale to privat users.

Thank's for future help.
Phillips drives are starting to show up on eBay if you know the correct one for your player you can check there.
Eldartford,
What a crackup. I have a Philips / Magnevox FD-1000 in the next room. It needs a laser head. And being a toploader, still otherwise works fine.
It was the 'core' of many early CD player mods for hi-end use. Couldn't afford the Mission at the time, but the Magnevox works fine.
..then any competent tech should be able to repair any of the Philips Screwed-over brands; EMM, MF, Accuphase and dCS (P8i and Verdi Encore).

I am dCS US Service Manager and I repair Philips transports weekly (as long as it's not a motor, which in that case: game over).

Steve George
dCS America
sgeorge@dcslte.co.uk