Can I replace/repair a Phillips SACD transport?

My Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD player (recently out of warrantee)will do longer function in SACD mode. The dealer who I originally bought it from says that the Phillips SACD transport is problematic and there is nothing that can be done to repair or replace the SACD transport. I have a faily extensive SACD library and hate to eliminate that cabacity to plyback that that format.

Does anyone know if the Phillips trasport be repaired or if a different SACD transport can be installed in the Tri-Vista?
kiplandh
Phillips drives are starting to show up on eBay if you know the correct one for your player you can check there.
Eldartford,
What a crackup. I have a Philips / Magnevox FD-1000 in the next room. It needs a laser head. And being a toploader, still otherwise works fine.
It was the 'core' of many early CD player mods for hi-end use. Couldn't afford the Mission at the time, but the Magnevox works fine.
..then any competent tech should be able to repair any of the Philips Screwed-over brands; EMM, MF, Accuphase and dCS (P8i and Verdi Encore).

I am dCS US Service Manager and I repair Philips transports weekly (as long as it's not a motor, which in that case: game over).

Steve George
dCS America
sgeorge@dcslte.co.uk
My post had several early paragraphs cut off.

What I had tried to say was that although Philips ceased supporting the 5.2 SACD/DVD Mechanism, at least there are some OPU's (Optical Pickup Unit=Laser Block) left and thank God the laser still fixes 80% of the disc reading errors!

If it is failing because the disc rotation motor is bad (common enough w/ Philips), different story.