Filling hollow tubes of my component racks

I'm thinking of using pea gravel and either clay cat litter or sand to fill the legs of my Rack Of Silence 4 component rack and ROS 1 amp stands. Any thoughts if this is a "good solution" to not using shot. Can I put in too much and "kill" the sound?
Thanks for any help offered!!!
samhar
The metal that is heavier than lead volume for volume , thus you mean higher specific gravity is ... Tungsten.
It is not cheap but denser than lead. I imagine that an alloy is used because Tungsten is costly.
I am cuurently thinking of making my own version of magnetic levitators strong enough to supporta pre amp. I think the magnet strenth must by definition cause interference and whatever electrical grunge is AKA EMI. but you can get strong neodynium discs easy enough at a price that is not all that much.
I had already planned a needed not just for fun real vibration isloation solution but...
My prepaid never made sandbox is stuck in the hands of it's maker . I hoped to use memory foam from an upholstery shop. I am being very serious here that stuff is incredibly effective. Add some Bear paw footers and you can set the whole rig on the foam . I was hoping to get some 2 inches thick and make a micropure ? tungsten shot? sandwich.
I had put childs sandbox sand and buckshot in mine when I had that type of rack.
Helvec1
How much did you find effective and not over dampen?
1/4 full 1/2 full or more?
Stanwal and Hevac sorry for the delayed response I've been trying different combinations of tubes in the Joules and the C/J(tubes kept going south) and haven't experimented with the cat litter and stone mix in the tubes yet. I'll post my results.