Did anyone experience Audio Prism's Ground Control

Fellow Audiogoner's

I wonder if anyone has any input on Ground Control spade versions? I am curious about the impact of these pigtails on your system's overall sound?

I also have their quiteline filter (4pack) installed in my HT room and they have helped lower the overall noise floor.

My gear -
Krell Showcase Pre-Amp / Processor
B&W 803s and 804s (rear)
Marantz UD8004
Audience aR12
Audience Au24e speaker/interconnects.
PAD Power Cables
128x128lalitk
Thanks again Bud.
The last thing I need is decreased width so
I will consider trying the standard gc's.

Interestingly, the positive effects that
Ozzy described are the same that I am experiencing
with the Audience PDC power center which is
designed to give proper grounding especially for
Naim gear. So, I am now a firm believer in proper
grounding. My system is finally sounding like real
music and not just electronic sound.

As for my dac and transport, I don't have any spare
rca's. I do have the Naim xs integrated and a
Cary 300b sei sing ended triode tube amp that I could
use the rca's on.

So on the spades, how long do they take to run in?
Also, is it best to start with only one rca or do
you need a pair?

So, for my pre
Hi Scott.

The single, or pair, RCA question is answered by how the strip grounds are handled in any piece of gear. If they are separated into two channels then two equivalent RCA's are needed. If the channels are not separate then one may do the trick. It may be worth getting one of each grade to experiment with, but only if you have common ground between channels. You may have to peer inside to determine this.

Look on the RCA jacks for input and output. If they all go to the same buss, for both left and right channels, then trying two different RCA's out will be worth while. Doesn't matter where you put them either, input or output, in either case.

These take about 4 hours to work through the charge stabilization period. You will get tonal vividness immeadiately, and it will increase for a period of time, but the sound will start of some what sharp and almost monaural. The GC's will gradually open up to even tonal character and reasonable stage width, only to snap back to the previous state.

With every one of these "breaths" the stage will get wider and deeper and they will stabilize at a very wide, very deep sound stage, with considerable 3 dimensional control within those spaces.

You can take them off for about two days and they will recharge within minutes. Keeping them attached will hold their charge state for quite a bit longer, but not running the system for a month will have them go through a good portion of the breathing again. When taking them to some other system, they will will need about 20 minutes to take control.

Thanks for your comments on the ground system and it's benefit. Most EE's just ask me how I can justify any sort of expense for grounds? Noting that they have never seen any data supporting that need. I just smile, knowing they will continue to provide me with satisfied customers, once their Ground Control issues have been dealt with.

Bud
That's interesting. My Audience PDC is going through
this same kind of break in pattern. It should be fully
broken in in about 3 weeks. At that time I will definitely
give the spades a try.
Hi Ozzy,

Are the 3 sets of ground controls you have in your system the standard ones, not the reference version?

Bud,would you recommend then just putting the standard GC's on the amp so the soundstage doesn't shrink and the reference at the speaker? I live in Canada, so with shipping, etc would like to get it right the 1st time.

Thanks, Greg
Moonguy, Yes, I am using the standard Ground Controls. Soon I will be trying the RCA versions.