Will there be any 'Arrow' mark in a Fuse holder?

Hi Everybody, I am new to this Forum. Please clarify that,

Will there be any 'Arrow' mark in a fuse holder to show

the direction to fix a fuse? Will all type of fuses have

'Arrow' mark? I need the advices to upgrade the fuses.

In one of a forum, I read the following 'Message'as follows:-

"The fuse has to be parallel to the overall direction of the sine waves coming from the wall socket and into you audio gear. If they enter at an unusually steep angle, the top (or bottom) peaks and throughs will get clipped off or attenuated and you will get jagged or almost square waves in you signal. The resulting SQ will be harsh and grating to the ears. Prolonged usage may damage the speaker coils as well."

So, friends,please give me a clear picture to replace a

'fuse' in my Preamp and DAC. Thank you.

Regards,

Rhapsodi.
rhapsodi
Rhapsodi -- As you can gather from the preceding responses, whether or not the orientation of audiophile-oriented replacement fuses is sonically significant is a matter of, um, some controversy. Whatever the case may be, though, the statement you quoted is complete nonsense. You will not damage your equipment if the fuse is installed in the "wrong" direction.

Why not try it both ways yourself, and report your findings as to any sonic differences you may perceive?

Of course, for your assessment to be meaningful you'll have to be careful to allow enough time for the equipment to warm up properly following being shut down for the fuse reversal, while not allowing so much time that extraneous variables may come into play. Such as changes in ac line voltage or ac line noise conditions; changes in room temperature; changes in ambient emi/rfi conditions (perhaps caused by digital equipment elsewhere in the house being turned on or off); differences in volume control settings; on-going burn-in or aging of system components; the vagaries of aural recollection; the fact that additional detail may be perceived upon a subsequent listening to given source material that was not perceived during a previous listening, even when nothing has changed, etc., etc.

Best regards,
-- Al
I'm pretty sure I'm on the verge of looking for a new hobby.
Rrog

I feel exactly the same way when I read some of these posts. No offense to Davehrab, but things like the quote below can drive me to the edge

[quote}On a slow blow or time delay fuse with the springy thing in one end ... it may matter as the springy thing is meant to cushion the incoming current rush{quote]
Rhapsodi, about six years ago Lloyd Walker of Walker Audio, telephoned me to reverse the direction of the fuse in his speed controller for turn tables. I did as he said and he was right. Why? I had no idea. Much later when better fuse came out from IsoClean and Hi-Fi Tunning, the IsoClean fuses had clear markings with an arrow.

I knew the direction of my twist on fuse connectors, name with the arrow pointing into the component. I have repeatedly compared IsoClean fuses with the proper direction for the arrow and reversed. The proper direction always sounded better. I did the same thing with Hi-Fi Tuning fuses and they always sounded better one way than the other, although there was no consistent way to predict this. Since then Hi-Fi Tuning has conceded this and now marks their fuses.

Listening is always the best check and on many units one direction is quite superior. If you go into the unit and find the two ac leads to the transformer, you want the arrow pointing to the side where the resistance is lowest to the blade.

It always amazes me that people will not just try changing the direction and seeing if it makes a difference. But you can lead a horse to water but not make it drink.

There are two other things that I do with all my fuses, but you didn't ask about that.
Tbg, thanks for your response. What are the other two

things that you do with all your fuses? Now I am asking,

please share with me. Is there any identical sides for

front and rear of a fuse holder as universal? Thank you.

Regards,

Rhapsodi.
"It always amazes me that people will not just try changing the direction and seeing if it makes a difference."

It always amazes me that people are amazed that other people won't try every little trick they read on the internet.