new audiophile education

I consider myself a new "audiophile" wanting to learn the basics on equipment, how to match components, reviews on how they perform, etc...
I use the audiogon site for all my knowledge, but, I still find it difficult to acquire the basics by searching through the learn section of the site. Very time consuming.
It would be great if the site included a section dedicated to the basics: specifications, definitions, installation guides, etc..
dvdgreco
Another very good reference for beginners is Robert Harley's Complete Guide to High End Audio
Dvdgreco: "...searching through the learn section. Very time consuming" The forum archives are there for just that. While doing so, one will learn more than just what is initially sought. Let alone all the random madcap humor!
I was an audiophile when they dyed the Red Sea Red, and I went to the funereal when the Dead Sea died; yet I learned something when I went to the "forum archives".
my mother was so thrifty.. once, when I was young, I had spilled the mercurochrome. she sent me outside to go cut myself, so that it would not go to waste..