Best Audio Related Story (or joke).

With all the stress and pressure going around at Audiogon these days, (posting issues, complaints and legal issues), seems like this would be a good opportunity to inject some light hearted audio related comments, stories or just plain old jokes. Please share yours!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter

Showing 1 response by prs123

In my younger days, I was playing keyboards and had just acquired a setup that included a huge Sun cabinet with an 18" woofer to handle the lower range of the keyboard, the middle and top being handled by two Cerwin Vega 12" professional monitors(which later were hooked up to an old Dynaco-80 amp and Crown 1 Pre to form an interesting home system)- ahem, so anyways, my car at that time was a red 1967 MGB(this is relevant). I am driving to my first gig with this huge Sun cabinet swallowing up the passenger seat, and I make a turn requiring a downshift. Unfortunately this behemoth cabinet slides over pinning my gearshift and arm. I am trying to muscle this thing off me and move the lever, which makes for an hysterical view for nearby drivers. How I got there without a wreck I still don't know. I guess you could say this was an issue of speaker/arm/transport compatibility. Groan. :)