Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Last night I listened very closely to my Class D Lyngdorf Int amp comparing it to my highly modified (for the good!) Cary Rocket88R amp with very expensive a great sounding NOS tubes all around. I must say the Lyngorf has soul, body, texture and tone in spades. 

I do do keep mine on 24/7.  
nferre66. Try some vintage NOS Mullard  12au7 tubes in the preamp stage of the Pharaoh. Also a quality inexpensive power cord such as the Harmonic Technologies AC-11. You will be amazed....
@mr_m I bought mine with upgraded tubes and had a bunch of upgraded power cords around. You are right. Amazing.
Somehow people cannot comprehend that class D amp is purely analog and switching itself is inaudible. Switching is present all the time - even without input signal. Place ear against the tweeter and you will hear very low typical amp’s hiss - likely much less than with any class AB amp.

That wasn’t my experience between a Spectron Musician III mk2 (Class D) versus a Sanders Magtech (Class AB). Although the Spectron is quiet, it’s not as quiet as the Magtech. Both are inaudible at the listening position though.
I think I can tell if the amp I’m hearing is Class-D or Class A.

In my experience, Class-D always makes me think, "hmm, nothing wrong. great sound!", and a good Class A makes me think "how you can do this? what’s going on here!". Cheap class AB’s has a typical glassy haze, but I have never heard the same thing with cheap Class-D.