Considering used towers under $1000..

I’m thinking about purchasing towers used, I’d like to keep under $1000. Some that repeatedly pop up are Tekton M-lores, and Silverline preludes, among others.

Your experience with the above, or any other suggestions?

(Room is 22 x18, hardwood floors. Power is Rotel RA1070 integrated, 100w per side at 8 ohms, Onkyo CD player, model 7030 I believe)
Thanks...
sifter
A pair of Gershwin Sonograms just popped on from a dealer in NJ who posts here often. I heard these once at a show and thought they sounded very, very good for the money. He is asking $1800 but you may be able to grab them somewhere close to your budget. As I recall, a very balanced, capable speaker that you would have a hard time beating for that kind of money.
NOTE:

GERSHMAN Sonogram, not Gershwin. In case you search for them. Great recommendation, too.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis97h27-gershman-acoustics-sonogram-great-speakers-cheap-full-ran...

By the way, if you could throw a rug or two somewhere on the floor, it may be worth it.
They are respectable but for sure needs decent powered Subwoofer, also rebuild the Xover with higher quality capacitors 
bare minimum very good upgrade. If you or a friend can solder.
Another "by the way":

It is unlikely that any of the speakers in the range you are looking for ($1000 used, probably at most $2000 new) will give you really deep bass. Others may add to that thought if having more experience as there are many speakers I have never heard (of).

I think audioman58's recommendation may be what you need, if bass is of importance.
"It is unlikely that any of the speakers in the range you are looking for ($1000 used, probably at most $2000 new) will give you really deep bass."

The SVS Ultra Towers (with two 8" woofers each) claim to go down to 28 Hz. Not sure how 'deep' that is but to my ears 32 Hz is low enough for the music I enjoy. 

Might be able to find a pair used (or closeout) for around a grand. 
towertone,

That is a good news. I have no idea where it starts feeling like a deep (and strong) bass so input from others is valuable. On the other hand, and for whatever it is worth, Monitor Audio Silver 6 I suggested are claimed to go to 35 Hz but they simply do not feel like having a major bass in the room I have listened to them in and associated equipment (Yamaha 501? 701?). Maybe they do, it just is not a major "oomph" some people crave. It is good enough for me, though and I feel they sound really good overall.
Why not try some jbls?.... maybe a pair of L100s. My L80t3s were only like $250.
If you can find a pair of PSB image towers used. Plenty of bass, and easy to drive. Can be a little hot on the top end though. Tom G
B&W DM 605 S2 active bass(built-in subwoofer w130 watt class ab amp)Bass down to 25 hz around  $1000 for a pair. Big though, around 70 pounds a piece.
What aspects of speaker performance and sound reproduction are most important to you?
Post removed 
Rj, there's a certain naturalness I ascribed to my old pair of Tukans, where the piano, cymbals and snare drum sound right to me. I value openness, and nothing to lean like my old Dali Ikons were. For reference, if there Tukans had a bottom they'd be very close to ideal for me. I've read the m lores have that realism or naturalness, but I'm flying blind here without auditioning. Hope this helps
NHT 2.5i or 2.9 if you can find a pair in good condition. You will have all of the bass you ever wanted, though the Rotel is the weak link in your chain if you really want good deep bass.
Soix, definitely worthy of consideration, however, no shipping, local pickup only in Florida, I'm in Chicago
Honestly I wish I could audition the Tekton in Chicago to either confirm our dismiss accordingly. I know they have a in home trial, but last summer I drank the internet Koolaid on another highly touted ID brand, did not like at all, ate a significant ( for me) shipping loss. So I'm trying to be a little more judicious this time.
Love my 1000 dollar used Sonus Faber grand piano home. Perfect fo jazz classical and voice.
I second NHT 2.9’s.
had a pair.
sold em.
suffered remorse 
got another pair.
enjoying them to the max.
have them running with Bryston BP20 pre, bryston7a monoblocks, Oppo 105d, Grover Hufman empress speakercables and siltech interconnects.
I swap back and forth between the NHT’s and a pair of Egglestonworks Andra’s 
I have a pair of new 2.1 SuperOnes, maybe I should revisit their tower options as well, thank you
A used pair of Thiel 2 2's will cost you less than $1000.  I'd be surprised if they didn't satisfy you.
Sonus grand piano....   my dad has had a pair for a long time and they still sound great... can be had for around 1k
I’d add Wharfedale diamond 10.7 new for less than $1000 to your list for consideration. I have a pair and absolutely love them. Order them from music direct for a 60-day trial
We are the dealer with the Gershmans we also have a pair of Kef r900 new $1800

Demo $850
They are a bit of a stretch over your $1000 budget but you may be able to get a listen to a Tekton speaker. This listing on Audiomart is in Chicago for the Pendragons ($1300)
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649351477-uncompromising-speakers-tekton-pendragon-chicago-area-pickup-only/images/1527619/