Golden ear Technology reference

Has anybody heard or does anybody own the Golden Ear Technology Reference speaker that retails for $8500.00
per pair?  Would like to hear your insights and opinions.
Thank you.
128x128kjl1065
If they excel on rock I'll wager 90% of those who listen to 90% Classical
would be not care much for them .

@schubert

Not too sure about that. Sandy Gross LOVES Classical Music and demonstrated them with Classical at RMAF. I wasn’t really paying attention to the music as I already had them at home. I spent most of my time making small talk with Sandy. I will say that "Witches Brew" sounds incredible on my T refs.
@arafiq....................................

No, not laughing all the time, only when someone heard them for a few minutes, draws conclusions based on that, then tells another person in the forum who is interested in them that they aren't that great.  You do that person a great disservice.
stereo5, there’s no doubt they are great speakers as they should be for their price and I think your McIntosh tube preamp and the McIntosh amplifier combination are giving them that “warmth” and musicality that I felt they lacked during my short audition. You have hit the right synergy formula and I’m sure they sound excellent.
I've also heard them for more than a few minutes. I thought the Triton 1s were more tolerable, but didn't care for them either. All the Triton speakers I auditioned were bright and fatiguing compared to the likes of B&W, Focal, and Revel, and I never considered those brands to be warm by any sense of the word. 

The Triton 1s and Refs were in a well damped, theater-like room (though there was no screen) of approximately 18 x 26'. Each wall was lined with carpet. All speakers were driven by SS Mac gear. The other speakers I heard in that room were Revel Salon 2s. They were much less strident in the upper midrange, and far more balanced, but again, not warm by any stretch. 

From all the polarized consumer accounts I've read, they seem to be a sort of a love or hate speaker brand, not unlike Klipsch. Some folks love them, which is why I'd still encourage you to seek out an audition.