NAD C375Bee or Yamaha A-S2000

I'm looking for good sounding powerful amp to drive my classic Theil CS2 and Klipsh Heresy's. I can get either of these amps around $1300 even thought the Yamaha sells for $1900. Which would be better? Any other integrated amps I should consider around $1200?
Thanks,
usrobo

Showing 4 responses by willland

I have no personal experience with the NAD/Theil combo but the NAD would be a great match with your Heresy's. The C375BEE is much more potent amd musical than it has the right to be for its price. The Yamaha specs out nicely but and is a beautiful piece but I haven't heard any modern Yamaha integrateds to say either way.

Bill
Scott,

I own and have owned NAD amps, receivers, integrateds but have not owned the 375. They all have driven my Klipsch Heresys, fortes, Quartets, and RF-63's very well. I presently own the Yamaha A-S1000 integrated and could not be more pleased how it drives my Klipsch RB-75 "bookshelf" speakers. Dynamics are free wheeling, soundstage is wide and deep, very punchy and detailed. Now you are talking about the A-S2000 which is the slightly bigger brother Yamaha. I can't say for sure that the Yamaha integrateds(1000 or 2000) will have the dynamics of the NAD 375, but they are the most powerful sounding 90w/ch amps I have ever had the pleasure to own or even listen to.

Bill

I would not say that the NAD looks cheap but you are correct about the Yamaha.  The workmanship on the 1000 through the 3000 models is pretty darn nice.  Minimum weight is 48.5lbs and the knobs, connectors, wood side panels, faceplate, and of course the guts are all of very high quality. 

Congrats on the new purchase, I hope the A-S1000 meets your needs.

Bill

@backintohifi,

Glad to hear you are so pleased.  Pretty powerful "90w/ch" huh?

I just added the matching CD-S1000 to mine and it sure added to my already more than pleased attitude about these Yamahas.

Bill