Phono Preamp for Thorens TD203 w/ Ortofon 2m Blue

I bought a demo Thorens TD203 turntable w/ Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge > Behringer PP400 $20 phono preamp > Mystere A11 EL34 tube integrated amp > Seas Froy mk3 speakers. It has good PRaT but sounds thin with shrill highs. My Rotel FM tuner sounds better in many respects. I’m assuming the Behringer phono preamp is the culprit. I’m disappointed with the sound playing vinyl.

I was thinking of getting the Schiit Mani phono preamp, but am second guessing myself as to whether the combo will have the synergy to resolve the problem. Does any one have experience w/ the Schiit Mani and/or the Ortofon Blue. Any other budget phono preamp recommendations in the price range of the Mani to consider.
128x128mjcmt
Yes. The Mani will help. Although, your rig deserves a better phono amp. Make sure your cartridge is set up right and tracking at correct weight. Your room looks "bright" with the wood floors, big window and TV. 
Cartridge is properly aligned. Room is a bit echoey, but never sounded as thin and bright as I'm hearing now. In what ways will the Mani help the sound, as in what is its sonic signature? What phono stage would be a better match within reason.?
The Mani is dynamic and clean with good highs...the difference between it and what you have is worlds apart. The cheapo device you have most likely is "tinny" sounding - compressed, smeared, and grainy. However, given your bright room, maybe something like a Vincent PHO701 would be more suitable. I believe both can be bought on 30 day trials. On the cheaper end, the U-turn phono gets good reviews and sounds less bright. Stock phono cables will also give you poor sound. Your Blue may not be run in yet so give it some play time when you get a new phono amp. You could also try using a thin cork or leather mat on your Thorens. 
A phono preamp is where the rubber meets the road. You should stretch your budget and try this Bellari VP 130 tube phono. It can be returned if you don’t like it!
https://www.needledoctor.com/Bellari-VP130-Tube-Phono-Preamp
I've compared the lounge audio directly to the schiit mani and preferred the lounge. The comparison was using the Ortofon 2m blue. 
+1 for the Bellari tube phono stage! It uses one 12AX7. Replace the cheap stock one with a vintage Amperex, Mullard or Telefunken. You will then have SQ several notches above entry level!
Good suggestions, but at the $300 price range I'll have to keep using the Behringer. At $300 seems like a lot of competition.
Noromance,  I cant agree w/ spending more than what my budget is, but you gave a nice positive review of the Mani vs. the PP400. It'll have to be good enough.
Of course. Frugality in audio is wise. Let's know how the Mani works out. Try buy it on trial if possible. And let the Blue wear in.
The pro -ject ds tube phono stage was 699.00, on sale at 399 at Upscale audio. That might fit your budget. 
Check parts connexion website.
They are always having great specials.
Sometimes up to 60% or even 75% off. If you are determined to buy new that is.
Buying used will likely open up 600 and 700 units for your 300.
I recently bought a Mani. It had issues when turned on. It would shut off the TV (plugged into the same power bar and disable functions on the preamp. I returned it during the trial period. The charged a restock fee on top of my freight both ways for a defective product. I was worth it to see the backside of this gear which in my mind totally lived up to its name.
I also had the Lounge while my main rig was being repaired it was very good. Great customer service at Lounge that you wont get from Schitt.
Thanks for great comments. I'm being gun shy about Schiit Audio because of potential customer service issues.
I'll look into used in the $100 range and see what shows up. Suppose I can't go wrong w/ a used CA or Rega.