Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@tomthiel and others:  what do you see as the advantages of the 3.7s over the 2.4s?  Do the 3.7s go deeper than the 2.4s?  Can be driven louder?  More highly inert cabinet less resonance at high volumes on the 3.7s?  Better coincident midrage/treble driver on the 3.7?
jafant

Still kicking, and really enjoying the 2.7s and collection of RedBook CDs. 
I now appreciate the BP17cubed preamp in lieu of either the BP6 or BP-26, especially for operas and chorales. It took a while for the 17 to settle in. 

brayeagle

nice score on the BP-17. When did your purchase this pre-amp?

Happy Listening!

pwhinson73 

I heard the 3.7 and 2.4 in the same room same system one time. It was a long time ago so I can’t talk to specific details and keep in mind audio memory is poor...

The most noticeable thing is the 3.7s is more detailed in the mids and highs.

The 3.7s did not seem to play any deeper to me but probably have more over head to play louder if needed. I did not play them loud as I don’t listen that way but I am sure with the aluminum front and top the box is less noisy. Not that I noticed noise from the 2.4. 

All in all the tonal balance is about the same so going to the 3.7s will not give you “move” bass unless the room gain is giving it or the 2.4s are simply just playing too hard due to a big room. The 3.7 might have more bass texture but I don’t remember. 

The 3.7s filled a big room with no issues but did not have the bass authority of the Sophia 3 I heard in the same time (same room/system). 

The sound stage was crazy stable and wide on the 3.7. The width almost seemed endless. This was a very large demo room with great acoustics. It made the 2.4s sound a little small in direct comparison.