Beware MSS Hifi, avoid Fraud

I have been swindled by MSS HIfi. If you deal with them your risk getting cheated. I bought a system from them and they lied about all the equipment. CD player was broken and they kept sending it back claiming it had been repaired. Then they traded for a PS Audio Perfectwave system that was defective. They sold me a "new" Benchmark HDR that was used, and a forged serial number. Then the benchmark died. The story is much longer with even more fraud. Given the opportunity to make it right, they chose to lie more.
These guys make a living selling questionable equipment and sticking you with something that is not as advertised. Due to using a credit card I was able to get some satisfaction by disputing the charge. However, they still fight to keep my money even after I returned the equipment. Stay away from MSS Hifi.
rex2381
I dont agree.
I bought from Higherfi/USA a so called mint, recently made Cary 306 SACD CD player.

Well it wouldnt' eject the disc's. Once I traced the serial number with Cary I found it was at least 5 years old.

No remedy from Higherfi/USA, it cost me $800 to bring it up to spec and to the current model with the fix to the known problem with earlier models not ejecting the disc.
Isn't it funny how you have to pay to fix a known fault in a product.
Of course if it was a car you would just paint a big lemon on the doors and bonnet, drive around in a gorilla suit and get the local TV company to feature it on the news - hey presto gets some action.
Dover,
You state "Isn't it funny how you have to pay to fix a known fault in a product."

I could not agree more. And it's not so funny. Like with the tray on the EMM CDSA SE that cost $10,000. They charged $1500 for an "upgrade" to the stock tray that was a piece of plastic trash. The upgrade was also an inferior tray if you look at the parts quality. EMM lost total credibility on this tray fiasco. Not only that, look on the EMM site for a photo of the inside of the EMM CDSA SE. You will not find one. The reason is the obvious poor quality of the components when you pop the top to have a look inside. Shocking.

Years ago, I bought an EMM CDSA SE on the aftermarket at an excellent price -- to my later regret. The PC board failed one day and I sent it back to EMM in Canada, at my expense, for replacement. EMM also replaced the power supply, free of charge, which told me something was obviously up with the power supply that they knew about. When I asked them about the power supply they were tight-lipped.

I sold my CDSA SE to a very happy buyer. My loss, his gain. Although the repairs may have finally brought the unit up to spec one wonders about a supposedly top manufacturer that brings to market -- amid hoopla, of course -- a very expensive product that is seriously flawed and that has obviously not been sufficiently tested. In any case, the EMM was way too digital for my ears, which is ultimately why I decided to sell it.

Meitner "the genius" is hyped everywhere on the internet with nary a voice on the other side to contradict the plaudits. But it is well known that a number of EMM's new products have been brought to market prematurely with "issues". At the prices EMM charges for their products I think this is shameful.
Ozzy..Back to my earlier statement "A buyer is 50% of the deal and if you dont do your homework,well we know what happens dont we." Why didnt you request the serial number and do your homework before you threw down the cash.Im not defending Higherfi (I have no affiliation with them,ever bought anything from them and guessing never would as their prices are high)but it seems you were setting yourself.Anytime Ive ever bought any used gear I call the customer service and get the history of that unit.They will tell you when it was made, if its ever been serviced and for what reason...Simple enough!