Cryo treated wires?

What difference does it make? Has anyone compared the before and after result?
rainchild
Craig - why do you attribute (part) the sonic difference between old 6awg and 10 awg wire from Virtual Dynamics to cryogeneics? "The VD on-line literature says the cryo treated products allow one to see "deeper into the music". I think VD just reaped benefits of marketing, using an ambiguous statement.

I would be surprised if cryo did nothing, but I question the opportunity of cost of cryoing a $40 PC. I would avoid finding answers from VD an Jena. All they did was tap in to the cold rush, and neither site explains anything.

If you can find it, buried in AA archives is at least one person(a manufacturer I think) comparing cryo and non cryo using the same cable. He could not find a real differece, but I have forgotten the system he tried them on, if it was mentioned.
Well Ohlala, we are in for an interesting comparison because I have found an older Jena Labs cable(prior to her cryo'ing them, other then that its the same cable). I will be comparing it directly to the same cable I have that is cryo treated, I will be sure to report my findings here- though I have a funny feeling you have made your mind up already.
"though I have a funny feeling you have made your mind up already."

"I would be surprised if cryo did nothing" is the only opinion I gave about the sonic effects of cryo. I apologize if my points were not clear.
From a past post I made:
What does not survive cryo treatment well are:
1) Metal Oxide Varistor, an electronic component used in surge suppression [they cracked].
2) Silicone compounds for damping [they shrunk a bit and hardened].
3) Neoprene rubber [shrank a bit and lost elasticity]. I also have been told that silver mica caps don't do well, and "some" adhesives".
Add the mov's and silicon (and other) damping compounds last, *after* the cryogenic treatment....that way everything will be perfect.