Spatial Coherence

Does anyone here, beside me, own a Spatial Cohernece Preamplifier?

Just curious,
128x128spatialking
I have an ultra modified MacMod Spatial Preamp that I had to have a custom power supply built for.I switch between using only the phono stage(which is ultra quiet) to a tube
line stage(tube rolling habit) or just running its line stage to the power amp which offers beautiful imaging tho
the tone seems a tad drier.Interesting trade offs for keeping things varietal.
The mods have left me with only dual volume controls and
switches for source and tape monitor.The circutry is now
ultra simple save for what might be hidden in those epoxy
resin blocks.
Try this some time:Turn your power amp off,crank up the preamp gains(loud source material optimum) and listen with
your ear close to the top of the unit.It's similar to the sound of a needle/cartridge tracing an LP, tho kind of clicky.

Evan h4v

P.S. Sal Calaio Lives!
Thanks Evan, I forgot about this post until tonight. I will check out the vibes and see where they are coming from. it will be on the M/B somewhere, the valves are epoxied and completely microphonic proof.

RobertD
I've just acquired the Phoenix modified by Steve McCormack "Mod Squad".It's coming in Moday,It has a separate power supply.Looks kinda beat,but hopefully some cleaning would help.It looks like there may have been an issue in the power supply box...hopefully it's fixable!
We just serviced one of these and I spent quite a bit of time talking to the new owner and Steve McCormack. It was quite a project but the results were excellent. You can read the article we wrote here: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1433915179&&&/The-Phoenix-Spatial-Coherence-preamp

If you want a copy of the original article please send me your email. Steve McCormack spent a lot of time explaining the amplifier and the upgrades. There are lots of pictures. Some of the changes included new grounding configurations, capacitors, and gain settings. The results were amazing.

Best Regards,
Stephen Pappin
Clifton Audio
Thanks for the wonderful restoration on my Phoenix Steve!
The cosmetics are perfect and the old girl can sing!Amazing clarity and really opened up the mids and highs.I've a very unacoustical listening area but this unit fills the area with perfect balance of base mids and highs. I'm still getting used to hearing guitarists fingers sliding down strings and frets, chairs scraping in the studio...just a silly quiet unit.
Anybody with a Spacial Coherance Pre I would seriously recommend these mods by these fine gentleman!(no affiliation)
Thanks Again!
Tony