GMA Callisto VS. Merlin TSM

As the title says, only if you have had listened both!
What are ups and downs? And the winner for you is?
minbean
"The ability to play and enjoy ANY recording"
Some of my speakers have that talent and I somewhat enjoy their ability like that however I indeed need speakers to "show as is". As a developer and maker of amplifiers, I have longed speakers like TSM that can tell every difference and change of elements without veiling.
I do not have to enjoy every recording only because it is music and music shoul be enjoyable any how. I do critically enjoy recordings with real musicianship and engineering excellence.
Please don't get me wrong. "FORGIVING" way of an operation may be needed when faults of recording have to be masked and not to trigger my critical senses while I choose to be in a nostalgia or I am with guests wanting some particulr music off my standards.
Most of my favorite recordings are the ones with both real musicianship and engineering excellence, and therefore I am really benefitted by TSM-MM to show every genuine quality of the art and engineering. The more I dig out those recordings the more I learn and enjoy - TSM-MM enables me that! I would not swap my top 10 favorite records for 10000 ordinary records!
I believe that GMA's are also excellent speakers and will do try them sometime but it will not be from the belief that they can make every music enjoyable.
Many of recordings were optimized/compromised for the era's popular player like console stereo, lo-fi home stereo, boom box or even headphone stereo, and for the era's popular listeners' preferences. Those recordings have "faults" to be played by a true hi-fi system and, when played by a true hi-fi set up, often shows problems prohibiting listeners from enjoyable listening.
Dear songwriter72@, you have repeatedly said that only GMA is good because of the phase coherent crossover network and that makes me feel offended because:

1. The thread invited opinions of listeners who have listened both Callisto and TSM-MM however you never indicated you had listened both. Have you ever listened to TSM-MM carefully? I am sure you didn't

2. If your theory about crossover design is true, the world of speakers should have been divided into black and white world of design and only one side had been winners. If you are true to your theory, why don't you worship fullrange speakers rather than GMA?

3. You urge your own definition of good speakers being ones to make any music enjoyable. I think you have confusion between hi-fi speakers and musical instrument. By no way I can see similar definition any where but you.

songwriter72@, I wish I could buy what you say but your theory and opinion look far from the real world truth. I can't understand why you repeat your voices which lack necessary foundation.
I believe once you hear the Callisto, you will understand what we are trying to convey here. Enjoy!
minbean,
as you know the tsm mm is extremely continuous from top to bottom. you also know that the speakers do not have a dip in the midrange and imho, a silver cable will be a better fit with a typical speaker with a bbc style dip in the mids. the tsm mm or mx is better suited to a finely stranded copper wire like the audience au24 or cardas golden ref(litz) or even mit. these will retain the clearity and relax/flesh out the sound so more music will be able to be appreciated. for your work you may like the silver wire interface but for music appreciation you may prefer the copper wire. it is of couse, up to you.
glad you are enjoying them,
bobby