GMA Callisto VS. Merlin TSM

As the title says, only if you have had listened both!
What are ups and downs? And the winner for you is?
minbean
Dear songwriter72@, you have repeatedly said that only GMA is good because of the phase coherent crossover network and that makes me feel offended because:

1. The thread invited opinions of listeners who have listened both Callisto and TSM-MM however you never indicated you had listened both. Have you ever listened to TSM-MM carefully? I am sure you didn't

2. If your theory about crossover design is true, the world of speakers should have been divided into black and white world of design and only one side had been winners. If you are true to your theory, why don't you worship fullrange speakers rather than GMA?

3. You urge your own definition of good speakers being ones to make any music enjoyable. I think you have confusion between hi-fi speakers and musical instrument. By no way I can see similar definition any where but you.

songwriter72@, I wish I could buy what you say but your theory and opinion look far from the real world truth. I can't understand why you repeat your voices which lack necessary foundation.
I believe once you hear the Callisto, you will understand what we are trying to convey here. Enjoy!
minbean,
as you know the tsm mm is extremely continuous from top to bottom. you also know that the speakers do not have a dip in the midrange and imho, a silver cable will be a better fit with a typical speaker with a bbc style dip in the mids. the tsm mm or mx is better suited to a finely stranded copper wire like the audience au24 or cardas golden ref(litz) or even mit. these will retain the clearity and relax/flesh out the sound so more music will be able to be appreciated. for your work you may like the silver wire interface but for music appreciation you may prefer the copper wire. it is of couse, up to you.
glad you are enjoying them,
bobby
Bobby, you are right!
Both in sound pressure and tone, it is very continuous from top to bottom and by no way I could tell the seam between the bands.
When I said "...more forgiving...", I was not really hoping to make it that way. I meant that it might be necessary for some situations I can expect.
Even without more forgiving changes, TSM-MM's are truely musical.
Also, they are not picky to lose musical quality of some recordings but to show the flaws of the recordings.
I will still try different cables to enjoy more of what TSM-MM can do.
Thanks again Bobby for the healthy suggestions.
Minbean,
Never did I say ONLY GMA was good. I have not listened to the TSM, but I would expect them to sound very good....perhaps a little up front. They use excellent drivers, good cabinetry and are well designed. Fullrange speakers have more phase shift than 1st order crossovers exhibit. I am not confusing hi-fi speakers with musical instruments, I feel the job of the speaker is to reproduce what goes into it with flat frequency response, good dynamic response and phase response. As far as the recordings go, some of them have distortion, i'm not arguing that fact. All one need do is listen, right? Here's what i'm saying, and i'll try to put it as plain as possible. If your speaker has phase shift (most do) when you playback a distorted recording, the speaker's phase distortion is distorting everything that comes into it,including any recorded distortions, so your hearing distorted distortion. It's a multiplicative process, not additive. It's similar to using a distored signal coming out of a source and feeding it into your amplifier. Your multiplying distortions, except in the speakers case, your adding a different amount of time delay to every frequency, something no amplifier does. All you really know is that there are many "poor recordings" you can't play, can't enjoy. Many performances "you just don't get" You stated this in your previous thread. I had the same problem until I purchased GMA speakers. I now find myself listening to music I would have never listened to before. Why? It never connected with me on a musical level. Do my speakers mask sounds? No. I can easily pick out a ribbon mic or individual mic feeds in recordings. What they don't do is add phase distortion to already distorted recordings. THAT is why they make so called bad recordings more listenable. Can't say it any simpler than that. Hope that makes sense. I don't want to argue with you.....i'm trying to tell you why, in my opinion, some of your recordings are harsh. One way to find out is to play these harsh recordings thru some electrostatic headphones, as they have no phase shift. If the recordings are still harsh, it's the recordings. If they sound less harsh, perhaps i'm right.