Diving back into analog...which turntable to buy

Ive tried this a few years ago with a LP12 table and could never get it to sound as good as my digital so off it went.Im determined to get a table and make it work...So im willing to spend up to a grand,nothing more.What do I buy used or new.Looking for an easy to setup and maintain belt drive table.Thanks in advance
missioncoonery
Zd542 has hit the nail on the head. Rather than listening to individuals stating their personal preferences it's far easier to walk out of your front door and visit a dealer that has a number of such products in stock. A good dealer will give you the opportunity to decide (for however long and however MANY visits it takes). Ultimately you will reach your own decision about what you prefer and this, for you, will be the most satisfying way to do it. It is also the only way to guarantee that you will be truly happy (or at least as happy as modest budgets allow).
The only exception to this is if you were buying an obscure model with no dealer support. Often those manufacturers do demos on site.

Most of us will have done it this way ourselves. For some, T/T buying is like housebuying : you start with something modest and before you know it you've progressively upgraded to a Walker "Proscenium". ;^)

Turntable selection is a very subjective process. One man's meat literally can be another man's poison hence the existence of suspended vs unsuspended vs direct drive etc cliques. Doesn't mean they cannot appreciate the beauty of other solutions (they may even own a few others), just that they bought their own prize turntable for good reason.
Hope this helps.
Seriously though, NONE of us no your associated equipment or if you want a heavy mass loaded table or a light weight ridged design? I love the Pro-Ject Xtension 10 for its robust heavy mass loaded design and carbon fiber 10" tone arm. It puts out a very big sound stage and has rock solid timing. This table is a couple levels above my previous Thornes TD160 w/Grado Prestige, also my REGA P3/24 with Dynavector 10X5. Regards,

Matt M
I was offered by a couple guys a used Scout in my price range.My asking is I have no audio stores in my area,none.Closest is 3 hours away..Im going that direction with VPI.Thanks again
Your best bet is to get a Vinatge Garrad 401 (301 is too expensive for not much/any improvement in sound) and get it to sit on a Birch ply plinth. A Rega RB300 or Jelco Sa-250 tonearm would be just fine. You will hear great analog sound for as less as $1.5k. It will be a sound that will at least make you think long and hard staying analog. The entry level Regas and Pro-jects and stuff just cannot bring the same level of musical drama compared to a nice Garrard. In the end it will be the easiest thing to sell if you do not want the analog hassle.