Thought on OTL tube amps

Just curious....how do these sound/perform compared to tube amps with transformers? Why do you prefer one or the other? Any particular brands of OTL amps you would recommend listening to? You can see my system on my tag here...listen mostly to rock and roll with a smattering of jazz and a bit of classical once in a while. The next stop on my amplifier adventure is an OTL model, and I have no intention of trading it for either SET I currently have, as I'm very happy with both. One of the ways I enjoy experimenting with different "sound" is by switching up the amps. Just trying to solicit some opinions, of which I know there are many strong ones here at A-Gon. Thanks in advance!
afc
Futterman himself seemed to do a pretty good job at keeping the amps together according to one of our customers, although HP related an event in TAS that suggested that they could fail spectacularly.

I heard rumors about the NYAL stuff being not as stable but never knew anyone that actually had experienced a problem themselves. During the 1990s, that rumor was so prevalent that we came to call it the 'Futterman legacy' since it was our single biggest marketing problem. In essence, because we made an OTL people assumed it was unreliable. The simple fact that we don't have to ship amps back to be repaired if a tube fails is why we are still around after 39 years.

But I have no idea where the rumor got started. I do know that Fourier, who went out of business in the late 1990s, didn't help, but their amps had engineering flaws that had nothing to do with them being OTLs!!

Harvey Rosenburg (founder of the NYAL) was adamant that the amps had no reliability problems, even years after the company failed. But he had a lot of ego tied up in them and was never the most reliable witness so I regard his comments as a bit of a red herring.

So I really can't confirm or deny that rumor; sorry I can't shed more light on it.
Nobody knows all the knowledge about OTL,Some were copied and modified.Most commercial/on the market OTL are very ineffecient in converting tube output capabilities which paralleling tubes is the only option.
If you want power, quite often "paralleling tubes is the only option" regardless of OTL or not.