Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Hey the reason it sucks is its all recipe music .nobody plays an instrument anymore. Just all pieced together from a synthesizer. What's missing is there is no M O J O anymore. Someone needs to play a real instrument to make real music . Give me the classic rock music any day.
Bdp24, as a burned-out Beatle lover, my solution is to turn to the alternate takes, demos, etc. on the Anthology (6 CDs)and to the BBC sessions. And for some reason I almost never tire of the LP "A Hard Days' Night."
The Beatles were and continue to be phenomenal but a side effect was many were indoctrinated to music by them and perhaps pay less attention to other forms that continue to thrive today.
"11-02-15: Schubert
Because the audience for it does as well."

Schubert, this is the quote of the day :-) :-) :-)

Good Listening

Peter
I think the reason is most of the folks who log on here are old. Me included. And we can't take changing tastes.

BTW, I always shudder at things like this, meaning why are humans so judgmental. Why are we?

Its just a matter of taste, that's all. At least that's my belief. But setting current artists up for a fall, where is the value or humanity in that? I suspect Nat Cole would respect Bruce.