Help with "popping" Quad 2805

I purchased a pair of Quad 2805s here on the forum.  They arrived last Tuesday and after unpacking and plugged them in one of the speakers immediately starting making a popping sound.

The seller has been unresponsive and I need some sort of repair before I can use them.  I'm in a small town and would have to ship them to whoever can do the repair.  Will probably have to wait a couple of months as I spent way over my budget on these.

Any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
jzzmusician
Hi, first congrats on the quads. Once this issue is all sorted out I'm sure you're going to love them.  I have a set of 989's and they're great.  If you do a web search you'll find plenty of guys that work on them.  One search term that gave back good results ' quad esl repairs ' .  

A guy based in Florida gets high marks - http://quadsunlimited.us/welcome/4534267346

Just a side note.  I know this doesn't make sense to most people and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it, and hear the change for myself.  Think about changing out the stock power cords with heavy gauge ones .  Why do this?  Well, when I did it my 989 suddenly had deeper base and a richer mid range.  To me it was well worth the price of the 2 cables ($200.00).  I'm using panga 9's .

Good luck 

Thank you acbc,

I can't wait to hear them!  And thanks for the tip on the power cords.

I'm going to wait until the end of the business day tomorrow hoping the seller will express some sort of interest to work this thing out.  If not I have to wait until Feb. to send them in.  I spent more than all my money just buying them.

Bob
Plug them in and keep playing them . It may go away . Was told that by a electrostat dealer .

• call Ken at Electrostatic Solutions. Your speakers have a bad panel or a power supply problem and playing them won't make them better. I have owned 7 pairs and currently own ELS63 monitors with Ken's rebuilt panels.