Audio - Post Divorce

Audio has definitely been more fun and rewarding post-divorce. No more keeping equipment in the trunk of my car waiting for my wife to leave the house so I could sneak the gear in because once its in the rack, she never ever noticed it.

I also have a greater appreciation of music and can definitely live with a lot less. I also believe that after you go through life's trials and tribulations and difficulties, whether it's a death in the family, loss of job, surviving cancer, divorce or other life's hardships you definitely get to appreciate things much more.

Please feel free to share if you can relate to this or if you can't. Thanks for reading :)
128x128lou_setriodes
zephyr24069, what kind of highly intelligent person WANTS to work? Haha.

That being said, now you know why women look so much forward to getting married. Many see it as a form of retirement. Women look forward to marriage the way that men look forward to retirement.

My wife left the workforce for 15 years to focus on "being a mother".
She went back into the work force begrudgingly, blaming me for years!
You just can't do favors for people.

I have 3 sons, ages 25-31, none of which are in any hurry to get married. Who can blame them? Marriage is a custom which seems to have outlived it's usefulness, at least for men.

As one comedian used to say, next time I think of getting married, I'll just skip to the finish line. I'll go find a woman that I really hate, and buy her a house.

A beautiful woman I recently met had an interesting theory on divorce that I hadn't thought about.  Since we are all living longer, that by about 50 or so, if you've been in a long marriage as we have both been, you realize that you hopefully have many good years left and do I really want to live the rest of my life with someone who doesn't make me that happy.  It's no more about until death do us part anymore.....

Having said that, it was easier to stay in a committed relationship with my wife all those years, than it was to stay in a committed relationship with my stereo gear.  Was always quite the playa with my stereo gear :-)

Lou

Great thread guys....many funny moments throughout. In my last reply below I just realized my meaning in one sentence is unclear...when I was mentioning that my son is now in college and 'the lazy sod is still not working...', I was not referring to my son's work habits (or lack thereof...) :-) Have a great day everyone!
Over the years of being divorced I've come to the conclusion that no one should get married unless they are convinced that the person they want to marry is their best friend first. If you're in a relationship where you cannot confide your inner most thoughts and secrets without the other side becoming judgmental, forget the marriage and look elsewhere. 
In addition, once in a committed marriage, do not let the little slights go. Discuss them and air them out. Otherwise, those little slights just form another brick in the wall, a wall that eventually grows and becomes insurmountable. At that point, its over.