Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Lew was able to contact me. I however found another mat in the Mat2 box, so I have to find it. Moved about a year ago and am digging through boxes. 
Chakster, You could say I did that experiment.  I own one of each and have heard both on SP10 turntables.  The SAEC is very good, but I give a slight edge to the BA Mat2.  (So someone is wondering why I am looking for a Mat2, when I already own one.  Because the Mat2 that I own "belongs" on the SP10 Mk3.  I would like to find another.)  I can actually do the experiment again using the TT101.  There is no a priori guarantee that results would be the same.  And pigskin too.

Halcro, I note from the Top Class advert that was attached to a post here that the Victor pigskin mat is actually a 2-part affair, where the pigskin goes on the platter, and the lucite mat goes atop the pigskin.  Thus, the surface that contacts the LP is actually lucite.  I gather you and the other fortunate few who own the Victor pigskin are using ONLY the pigskin, no lucite.  Yes?
@lewm nice, my Micro CU-500 belong to SP10mk2 and i’m looking for another Mat for technics SP20 deck i’ve bough not so long ago. Have you tried Micro CU-500 ? I’ve bought Saec SS-300 recently, waiting for postman. Actually my SP-20 coming with the mat that looks exactly like Boston Audio Mat on photos. Waiting for delivery. I will be happy if it will be BA Mat2. If so, i can check ’em all.

BTW Technics SP20 is something between SP10 and SP10mk2 ?
The platter looks exactly like SP10mk2 (not like cheaper SP10 first version).
How do you guys rate this turntable ? I like the design and this special black finishing.
There is no external power supply and of cource it is not in the same league as sp10mk2, but anyway...
that's why i'm looking for EPA-100 MK2