Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Jafant,
I used a Krell fpb 300 on my 2.4's, which is very high current and doubles down to 2 ohms or below. The fpb series was made in the early 90's, I think. Mine had fresh caps done at the factory. As these get some use, I'd look for freshly recapped models. The older KSA's are great buys, if they have fresh caps. A Thiel dealer in Amarillo used an old KSA 50 for some CS5's in his bedroom. Not that I'd recommend that. I think for most Thiels the older Krells or Classes are great and are still available online. The KSA's are heaters though!
So I swapped out the Monster Powerline 2 speaker cables, to the CS2.4SE, for a shorter pair of Kimber 8TC; more out of curiosity than anything.

First impression: everything sounded the same tonally. No difference in the soundstage either. It was the system that I’ve listened to for years.

Then I noticed something: I heard the precise words in some background vocals on an Indigo Girls’ track. I never knew exactly what the lyrics were before; just that the harmonies were nice. Then I was surprised at some rightish-channel strumming that kicked in part-way through another song. I never noticed it before, despite the years of listening to the piece.

All-in-all I’d say that the 8TC has added a level of detail that I hadn’t observed before. Not a huge difference, but enough to sit up and take notice.  And be delighted...

Cheers,
Warren

P.S. I’ve also added a short run of 8TC to the MCS1 centre channel too.
Saff/warren...nice post...though I'm not familiar with the products mentioned...I enjoyed your account. ..very nicely described/written!