Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
UNSOUND - I have always been curious about these power ratings. Are they taking into account impedance at the higher rating? For instance with the CS 6 is the higher rating due to lower impedance swing?
I've always assumed the recommended power was based on an 8 ohm load since that's how amps are normally advertised. It was up to you and your dealer to recognize that you needed one that doubled down at 4 and 2 ohm. 
robinbarbour, While that would seem to make sense, I can't confirm or deny that to be true. Please keep in mind that while up until very recently one could find many attributes that Thiel speakers shared, Jim Thiel got there through various means. With the speakers under consideration, the 3.5's and 6's used eq'd sealed boxes or passive radiators, different box volumes, and perhaps most importantly different drivers and at different price points.
saffron_boots, Yes, Jim Thiel told me that his power recommendations were based upon quality 8 Ohm ss amplification ratings that could double down, and if one were to choose to use tube amplification they should double the power accordingly.
Unsound...

Wow - you actually had an opportunity to speak with Jim Thiel?  I'm envious as hell. 

No other component I've had gives me more pleasure than these 3.5's. For me they've proven to be my reference point for quality loudspeakers overall.  They just get it right. 

I wish I had gotten into hifi again while he was still around. It would have been nice to meet him and thank him.  As some members here may know I've been in the wine business my entire life and I know many great winemakers personally here and abroad.  It would have been nice to shake the hand of Mr. Thiel indeed.  

I'm actually proud that I own a pair of his speakers. They are art in every respect.